The flagship Programme “Students First” aims to reinforce the School’s educational mission in preparing students to access the best tertiary education across the globe and to be empowered to acquire key leadership roles in their adult lives.
The English School is evolving and keeping pace with the modern era, with “Students First”, a comprehensive and ambitious reform programme which is expected to frame the school’s development in the coming years.
The flagship Programme seeks to provide the best academic opportunities for all, while remaining true to the institution’s vision to utilise modern practices, improve digital literacy, and continue offering an inclusive and pupil-centred learning environment.
More specifically, the Students First Programme will centre on three axes:
- Advancing the quality of the School’s curriculum, its specialisations, as well as continuing to improve pastoral care and all aspects of student support.
- Improving the performance and satisfaction of teachers and staff, through the implementation of improved professional development systems, an enhanced appraisal process, and a robust benefits and rewards scheme, based on equality across a range of contracts.
- Upskilling of teaching and support staff in accordance with a long-term recruitment strategy based on achieving world-class educational practices.
In line with the above, the Programme will feature advancements across all sectors of the School, including:
- A greater emphasis on academic rigour with clearer communication with parents regarding student progress and exposure to an integrated programme of homework, assessment and student support.
- Improved consistency across all subject areas to ensure that the development of students’ skills and knowledge is guaranteed in all areas of the curriculum. This will be matched by an enhanced extra-curricular offer to support the holistic development of all students.
- A renewed focus on staff development to ensure that all students have the digital and communication skills to thrive at university and in the workplace.
The Headmaster of the English School, Mr. David Lambon, stated: “Every educational organisation must evolve. Especially when it seeks to remain a center of excellence in our demanding times. Today we are launching an ambitious project with a deep commitment to the founding mission of our school and with the goal of continuing to create leaders of tomorrow. Reforms are a collective effort in which everyone has a way to participate and everyone will benefit. I thank the Board of Management for its trust and support”.
Moreover, the newly-launched initiative will better enable teachers to showcase their talents and skills, and to serve as the cornerstone of this ambitious programme.
With the “Students First” Programme underway, the English School is taking the next step into the future of academics and pastoral care, always focused on its students.
"Students First” – click here to access the Headmaster’s letter to Parents/Guardians.