Kick-Start Study Skills: The 7 habits of being a highly effective learner
One of the most important keys to SUCCESS is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you don't feel like doing it - Unknown
Following the successful set of workshops for Upper School students offered last academic year, Veema Education, a UK based educational consultancy firm (www.veema.co.uk), offered our Year 3 students, on Wednesday 23rd March, a masterclass designed specifically for them, entitled ‘Kick-Start Study Skills’.
What does this masterclass involve?
- Effective strategies for processing information — including memory games that help build brainpower.
- Reflecting with students on how they currently study — what works for them and why and how we could improve the way they approach independent study time.
- What revision methods do not work and why they are not effective.
- Growth mindset — the importance of students developing a growth mindset attitude towards learning.
- Activities include areas such as: personal, learning and thinking skills, independent enquirers, team workers, creative thinkers, self managers, reflective learners, effective participators etc.
- To acquire important strategies and techniques for exam success
- To enable students to properly plan and personalise learning and revision
- To develop time management and organisational skills
Student will leave the Kick-Start Study Skills masterclass;
- Feeling confident in using ''the seven habits of an effective learner'- when in the classroom or studying independently.
- With examples of a ‘growth mindset’ attitude and how the brain works best when learning.
- Better informed about how to effectively plan their revision for their upcoming exams.
As you can see by the photos, the students were very engaged and had a wonderful time. Now it is up to them to enforce the new skills taught to become effective learners!