A musical ending to the year
Friday, June 4th marked the last day of lessons for Years 1-3, and members of the Lower School Orchestra performed a short concert during first break to celebrate and wish everyone good luck on their upcoming exams.
With the support of their music teachers and upper school music students, they presented an orchestral version of Bizet’s uplifting and famous aria “Habanera” from the opera Carmen. This was followed by a piano and cello duet performance of the hauntingly beautiful piece “Song from a Secret Garden” by Rolf Lovland. All these students have shown tremendous dedication to music throughout this very challenging year and persevered until the end, despite the difficulties and exam preparation.
We thank them all for the gift of music!
- Eleana Iacovou, 1G saxophone
- Maria Theofanous 2G flute
- Josef Skordis 2Y violin
- Aris Pipis 2R violin
- Michalis Loizou 1Y violin
- Loucas Loizides 1W violin
- Alexios Karaolis 1W violin
- Alexandros Sophocleous 3B violin
- Nikolas Symeonides 3R saxophone
- Nedi Avraam 3J flute
- Nikolas Themistou 3G trumpet
- Ara Mahdessian 3W piano
- Katerina Athanasiadou, flute 6W
- Maria Economidou flute 6Y
- Eleonora Savvidou 7J cello
- Anna Monoyiou 7Y piano
- Constantinos Hadjiprocopiou 7B percussion
And who can resist a piano that has been left outside the music room?
During the second break, we had impromptu performances by Jayden Maroun 2R, Asli Tansa Toros 3W, Peiqi Song 1B, and Angelos Prastitis 1B, who shared with us their favourite pieces and songs.