Graduation Final Rehearsal Details
Date: Wednesday 27th June
Time: 11:00am – 13.30am
Meeting place: Filoxenia Conference Centre
Mr. David Lambon, Ms. Maria Asvesta, Mr. Yiannis Georgiou, All Year 7 Form Tutors and Leavers, Ms. Anne-Marie Tellalis, Ms. Monica Perez, Ms. Virginia Rengel-Kefala and Ms. Elena Michaelides
Filoxenia Conference Centre – Graduation Hall
Welcome by Ms. Asvesta/ Introduce the Committee
- General overview / sequence of ceremony by Ms. Asvesta (specific details to follow with MYI presentation)
- Master of ceremonies (ASV) opens ceremony
- Processional entrance (First Entrance) ASV will say “Can we please now join together in welcoming our Graduating Students of 2018” – Music begins / start procession (Some Form Groups will enter from Right / others from Left) Go to seats but all wait standing until the last Leaver arrives at seat. ASV will nod for music to stop and then say “Leavers you may now be seated”. At this point you will sit in unison.
- Master of ceremonies (ASV) continues…
- Welcome by the Chair of the Board of Management.
- Before First Musical interlude – ASV states “We will now continue with a musical interlude while our Award winners take their positions” – this is the first exit (awardees only exit –follow instructions by VRE and MYI)
- Master of ceremonies continues to speak about the chosen Music as the choir/orchestra prepares and student Awardees exit.
- Music ends/ ASV announces Award Winners one by one. Awards end.
- ASV invites Headmaster for his address.
- After Headmasters Address – ASV will ask ALL Leavers to exit (mid exit)
- ASV introduces GEO who introduces the FT who will read the names of the Graduates one by one.
- Leavers certificates presented 7B, 7R, 7G
- Second Musical interlude will follow– as the choir /orchestra prepare on the stage - GEO will introduce the second Musical Interlude and when it ends he will continue to introduce the Form Tutors
- Leavers certificates presented 7W, 7J, 7Y and Year 6 Leavers
- GEO leaves stage / ASV enters and introduces the guest of honour for his address Mr. Demetrios Zoppos
- Closing remarks by Head boy and Head girl (Give flowers first to Guest Speaker before making speech)
- Closing the Ceremony – ASV will say “Leaver’s Please Rise, Leavers please turn tassels in unison” – Leavers will follow instructions, must stand up and then , when instructed, turn their tassels to the left.
- “English School Leavers of 2018 we bid you farewell and wish you a very happy and successful future”
- ASV Nods for Music to start: Leavers MUST leave as soon as the music begins following head boy, head girl, deputy head boy and deputy head girl.
- Presentation by Ms Perez
- Arrival time and Form Tutor Registration
- Etiquette & Attire : caps and gowns, receiving awards and diplomas (ask student leaders and a few other students to demonstrate from the moment they are at their seats, rising, exiting, lining up, going on stage, and taking seat)
- Behaviour during ceremony
- Graduation Photos and video Livestream and Website
- Seating plan
- Processional order
- First Exit (only awardees Award winners Exit)
- Mid-exit (all to receive leaving certificates)
- Final Exit (ALL)
- Seating plan (before practicing the procession and First exit (awards) we will ask students to sit at their designated seats ; this is for two reasons, first to make sure the layout is correct and for both FTs and students to be familiar with the seating arrangement)
- Rehearsal (need to rehearse twice)
- Processional entrance –timed with music, slow but evenly paced
- First exit - Awards (actually go through the process, students will exit; VRE and MYI will need 10-15 minutes at back to work with awardees)
- Mid-exit – Receiving leavers certificates
- Final exit
- Final comments by Ms. Asvesta
ALL Leavers to go to Graduation Hall to find your Form Tutor and sit according to your form group to start the REHEARSAL
Master of Ceremonies opens The Ceremony
- Find your Form Tutor in the back rooms and queue accordingly to instructions except Head Boy, Head Girl (find MYI) Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl (find VRE) that should register first with form tutor and then queue at corresponding door
- As the opening ceremony song starts: (note: see ppt-slide 5)
- Head Boy and Head Girl enter first, guiding the Leavers on left side (enter in pairs)
- Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl follow behind Head Boy and Head Girl guiding the Leavers on left side (enter in pairs)
- Form Tutor 7 Black followed by Class representatives (if two class representatives, enter in pairs) enter guiding Leavers (L)
- Form Tutor 7 Red followed by Class representatives enter (if two class representatives, enter in pairs) guiding Leavers (R)
- Form Tutor 7 Green followed by Class representatives enter (if two class representatives, enter in pairs) guiding Leavers(L)
- Form Tutor 7 White followed by Class representatives enter (if two class representatives, enter in pairs) guiding Leavers(R)
- Form Tutor 7 Jade followed by Class representatives enters (if two class representatives, enter in pairs) guiding Leavers(L)
- Form tutor 7 Yellow followed by Class representatives enter (if two class representatives, enter in pairs) guiding Leavers(R)
Note: All leavers should enter in single file (1 form- 1 line) after their form tutor and class representative(s)
- Head-boy and head girl take their designated seats on stage (left front row) and deputy head boy and girl take their designated seats on stage (right front row); step onto stage from front stairs
- Awardees take the seats from the bottom of the stage filling on the left side from left-hand side to right (if facing the stage) and on the right side from right-hand side to left (if facing the stage)
- Forms black green and jade fill the rows on the stage from back to front on left side; forms red, white and yellow fill the rows on the stage from back to front on right side; using steps at the back and on the side of the stage; on the right side 9 students from yellow will need to fill the seats on the bottom of the stage
- Leavers do not sit down until all Leavers have arrived at their seating place and you have received instructions to take your seat by the Master of Ceremonies.
Master of Ceremonies continues once all are seated
Welcome by the Chair of the Board of Management
Musical interlude – As the musicians are preparing on stage – the Award Winners will be instructed to rise and exit hall
Presentation of Awards
Leavers receiving Awards
- Leavers receiving awards must be attentive to Ms. Perez (LEFT side) and Ms. Rengel-Kefala (RIGHT side). Instructions are given by Ms. Asvesta to Award winners to stand up simultaneously to exit hall. They move quietly to the corresponding right and left back rooms in order to queue by the right exit door. Leaving from the back aisles moving to the front aisle. On the left side, starting from the back row and the student at the furthest left of the aisle goes first and the rest to follow. On the right, starting from the back row, the student at the furthest right of the aisle goes first and the rest to follow (VRE /MYI will give instructions/guidance)
- Following the Graduation programme, Leavers receiving awards move back into the hall prompted by VRE/MYI and must line up according to the instructions, stay in the queue to await being called to the stage
- Remember that there will be a photographer to take pictures when you are receiving the award. Remember “shake hands with guest and HM then smile for photo”
- After receiving their Award, Leavers must walk down the stage, from the left front stairs and head towards the left side exit. They should remain back stage quietly until the end of the Awards presentation, unless they are receiving another Award in which case they may be instructed to wait by stage if another award is to follow soon, if not they should swiftly get into the queue for the next Award.
- Once it is the last two awards presented the students should queue at their corresponding exit door closest to their seats to await instructions to enter the hall;
- Once all the Awards have been announced, the Award Winners will be instructed to go back to their seats. They should come into the hall from the exit door nearest their seat (through the same exit door as where they left from). They must sit on the same side of the stage as they were before – no problem if not the exact seat, but filling the seats from front to back rows. The Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl will take their original seats.
- They should return to their seats swiftly and quietly.
Master of Ceremonies
Address by the Headmaster
When the Headmaster completes his speech, the master of ceremonies will thank the Headmaster. She will introduce the Musicians – there will be a Musical Interlude.
After the Musical Interlude the Master of Ceremonies will instruct all forms to rise and quietly leave the graduation hall through their corresponding right or left- side exits. The Leavers must wait for Instructions to move out quietly and swiftly.
- The leavers sitting at the bottom of the stage exit first from back to front, then the students on stage exit from back to front using the stairs by the exit
- In the back room students will queue by the exit doors in the following order 7B, 7G and 7J by the right exit (VRE); 7R, 7W and 7Y by the left exit (MYI)
- Black, Green, Jade leavers follow the arrow on the left wall, and Red, White and Yellow leavers follow the arrows on the right wall to allow smooth, quick and efficient flow of traffic; maintain a single file
- The leavers will receive their diploma in the following order 7B, 7R, 7G, 7W, 7J, 7Y
- Remember “shake hands with guest speaker and HM then smile for photo”
- Once the leaver has received his/her certificate he/she should walk down the stage, and take the steps at the back of the stage to fill the rows from back to front; once the top stage is filled students walk to the seats at the bottom of the stage and fill the rows from back to front.
Please do not take the seats of the student leaders.
The form tutors need to have his/her form group queued in alphabetical order in the back room. Class representative must be attentive and assist their Form Tutor in queuing the students in alphabetical order.
Leavers must be quiet and behave at all times. Remember this is a formal event and its success will depend on your mature behaviour and proper etiquette. In addition, it is important to know that the Press will be at the graduation and it will be live-streamed.
Master of Ceremonies introduces the Head of Year 7
HOY 7 and the Form tutors of year 7 – Presentation of Leavers Certificates
Graduation Certificates 7 Black, 7 Red, 7 Green, 7 White, 7 Jade and 7 Yellow
Address by the Guest of Honour
Closing Remarks by the Head Boy and Head Girl
Closing Statement from Master of Ceremonies followed by Procession Exit
Wait for Master of Ceremony to say:
“We will soon bid farewell to our Graduates.
May I please kindly request that you wait for the Graduates to retire in procession before joining us for Refreshments.
“Leavers Please Rise” – Leavers stand up,
“Leavers please turn your Tassels.”(Leavers turn their tassels to the left)
“Let’s now give a final well- deserved round of applause to our graduates of 2018.”
(Audience Applause ends)
Master of Ceremony says
“English School Leavers of 2018 we bid you farewell and wish you every happiness and success”
Nod for music to start!
Final Exit / Procession
Music Plays …. For Final Exit of Leavers
Head boy (LEFT) and head girl (RIGHT) followed by Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl, followed by the Graduates of 2018 in the following order… Leavers sitting on stage follow after deputies, emptying the rows from front to back, and once the stage is empty, the leavers sitting at the bottom of stage follow emptying the rows from front to back.
They will be led out of the Hall through the aisles (past the parents) towards the reception area and continue outside.