Welcome to the Exam Section of our site.
FAQ’s for IAL’s and A Level Exam Reform
|FAQ's A-Level Reform Nov 2013|
|FAQ's about IAL's Nov 2013|
2017 External Examinations
Results Day, Enquiries About Results (EAR) and Resit Guidelines
Exam results:Exam results are published and available to the public on the dates below:
Thursday, 10th August – Cambridge Results Day (results will be available online at 08:00)
Thursday, 17th August – GCE (A2/ AS Level) and IAL Results Day
Thursday, 24th August – IGCSE and GCSE Results Day
Finding your results:
Cambridge:CIE has provided you with personal PIN numbers, whereby candidates can access their results online. The school has a copy of the PIN number, therefore should you have lost this, please email: Ms. Elena Kazantzi (email@example.com) to forward you a copy of your details. However, note that the Exams Office will be closed from 1st August until 15th August, excluding 10th August.
Pearson/ Edexcel:Pearson/ Edexcel has an online results tool called: ResultsPlus Direct which can be accessed by students by typing this URL link into their browser:
- New Users:
- Old Users:
If during the password reset you submit the wrong security details three times, your account will be locked. If this happens you need to email Ms. Elena Kazantzi (firstname.lastname@example.org) to unlock your account.
If you have locked your account by entering your password incorrectly more than three times, click on “Forgotten password” and enter your email address to receive a password reset email (please check your spam). If you had an account last year and changed your email addresses you will need to email Ms. Elena Kazantzi (email@example.com). Ms. Kazantzi will then update your email address. Once this is done, you will receive a welcome email and you will need to recomplete the activation process.
If when entering the system you note that you are missing results for exams you sat during May/June 2017, you need to email Ms. Elena Kazantzi (firstname.lastname@example.org) with screenshots from ResultsPlus explaining clearly what information is missing. Ms. Kazantzi will contact the Exam Board to fix this. Please appreciate that this is a long process and every effort will be made to resolve all issues faced before Results Day.
For more information about ResultsPlus Direct click on the below URL:
AQA and OCR:
- Results will be available at the school’s reception for collection
- You can email Ms. Elena Kazantzi (email@example.com) requesting the results. This is a first come first serve basis, thus please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
RESULTS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OVER THE PHONE.
Three options available to find out results:
- Online for Cambridge and Pearson/ Edexcel
- Collect the results slips from the school’s reception
- On results day you can forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a copy of your results. Remember to state your Candidate Name and Number. Note the school makes every effort to respond to all request in a timely fashion; however, please note that the response time will vary between 24 and 48 hours.
Enquiries About Results (EAR):Exam grades should be a fair reflection of candidates’ work, knowledge and performance in the subject taken. Sometimes, however, mistakes are made. If you believe that your result is unfair, you can ask for a review of marking.
Exam Board Cambridge (CIE) provides the below EAR services:
Cambridge only accepts EAR applications at component level, not at syllabus level. Only one EAR application can be submitted for each student i.e. when submitting an EAR, please make sure that all components you want Cambridge to review are submitted at the same time. Cambridge will not accept additional component EAR applications for the same candidate and same or different syllabus at a later stage.
For each candidate, all components of the syllabus for which an enquiry is being submitted must be for the same service. For example, you cannot request a service 2S for one component and a Service 1 for another component, if they are components of the same syllabus.
Students cannot submit EAR applications for internally assessed components (i.e. coursework).
The deadline for June 2017 series is 19th September 2017.
- Service 1 Clerical re-check:
- Service 1S Clerical re-check and script:
- Service 2 Review of Marking
- Service 2S Review of Marking and script
Exam Boards Pearson/ Edexcel, AQA and OCR provide the below EAR services:
- Priority Service:
- Normal Service:
- Photocopy of Script:
- Original Script Returned:
- Clerical re-check
Deadlines for GCE AS / A2, International A Level (IAL):
- Priority: 17th August to the 24th August 2017, by 12:00
- Normal: 17th August to the 20th September 2017, by 12:00
- Photocopy of Script: 17th August to the 24th August 2017, by 12:00
- Original Script: 17th August to the 20th September 2017, by 12:00
- Clerical Re-Check 17th August to the 20th September 2017, by 12:00
Deadlines for IGCSE / GCSE:
- Normal: 24th August to the 20th September 2017, by 12:00
- Photocopy of Script: 24th August to the 30st August 2017, by 12:00
- Original Script: 24th August to the 20th September 2017, by 12:00
- Clerical Re-Check 17th August to the 20th September 2017, by 12:00
Review of Marking Outcomes:
The following information explains what may happen when you apply for Enquiry about Results (EAR) and your papers are reviewed:
- Your original mark is lowered, so your final grade may be lower than the original grade you received.
- Your original mark is confirmed as correct and there is no change to your grade.
- Your original mark is raised, so your final grade may be higher than the original grade you received.
In cases “a” or “c” stated above i.e. when there is a grade change either higher or lower than the original result given, you are refunded the money paid for the review of marking.
Tips on whether to use the Review of Marking service:
Before making any decision firstly you need to:
- Ask yourself if you believe you did a lot better than the result outcome
- Check the grade boundaries and see how far you are from the next grade boundary
- If possible, consult your subject teacher or the relevant Head of Department for further advice.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
Any decision to undertake a review of marking is at the candidate’s own risk, i.e. there is a chance the Exam Board may deduct marks, leading to a points’ reduction for a particular unit, or even a grade reduction.
In general we find that most grades do not change. Below is a graph presentation of whether grades have changed after EAR applications at the English School, from 2009 to 2016:
How is the outcome of results communicated to parents/students?
- Priority: Email and/or telephone communication.
- Normal: Leavers: results will be emailed to students
- Photocopy of Script: Email to candidates.
- Original Script: Leavers: will be called to collect the script.
Application Forms and Payment details:
Application Forms can be found on our website:
Or a hard copy can be obtained from the school’s Reception or Data & Exams Office.
Please complete your details, paying special attention to:
- Your contact details
- The contact email and phone number
- The subject / unit code (these can be found on your provisional statement of results or your statement of entry)
|Details||Between 17th – 18th August||After the 21st August|
|Payment method||Cheque (made out to The English School) or exact amount cash.||Cheque (made out to The English School) or cash|
|Where||Data & Exams Office||School Accountant|
- Before the 21st August, once payment is received by the Data & Exams Office, the EAR request will be submitted to the Exam Board.
- After the 21st August, once payment is received, our School Accountant will forward the forms to the Data & Exams Office and all enquiries will be acknowledged and dealt with as speedily as possible.
- Where an EAR leads to a change in subject grade, the EAR fee will be refunded.
- Refund cheques will be made out to the father of the candidate (unless otherwise instructed). Refunds will be made in the third week of October 2017. These cheques are either given to students during Registration period or posted.
New Exam Applications /ResitsIGCSE or International A Level (IAL) new applications or resits:
For those wanting to resit or enter for new units during November 2017 for Cambridge IGCSE or January 2018 for Pearson/ Edexcel IGCSE or International A Level (IAL), you need to contact the British Council. Please refer to their website: http://www.britishcouncil.com.cy/
Or contact them on:
Telephone: +357 22585000 (Monday – Friday 09:00-14:00, Tuesday 09:00-17:00)
Opening Hours: Monday - Thursday 09:00-11:00, Tuesday & Wednesday 15:30-17:30
General enquiries: email@example.com
Exam enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Cambridge (IGCSE) – note that registrations are usually very early in September as exams are held late October /early November so it is very important you contact The British Council upon receiving your results.
Pearson/ Edexcel, AQA and OCR - GCE new applications or resits:
Examinations for GCSE, GCE AS and A Level units are not possible in alternative exams sessions i.e. they are only available during the summer session. Should you require to resit any units, you will need to apply through the school in November 2017, for the exam series: May/ June 2018.
Thank you for your kind cooperation,
Data & Exams Office