Year 1 Educational Trip 2019
Share this article:
One of our targets as a Pastoral team is to raise students’ awareness of the importance of intercultural dialogue and to strengthen their respect for diversity.
Our young students in Year 1 have already had opportunities to discuss or do projects/workshops on themes like Respect, Friendship, Cyber Bullying; they have had relevant assemblies and class discussions during Form Tutor time or during other lessons/activities on the topics.
The Year 1 students bustled into school on Wednesday, 8th May in the afternoon after an exciting day in Larnaca. They visited two Religious sites, St Lazaros Church and Hala Sultan Tekke, and then went to Mackenzie Beach for bonding.
The students were still talking about the trip days later and thanked the pastoral team for this experience.
We would like to extend a big thank you to all involved:
- Elena Ignatiou, Assistant Head i/c of Lower School
- Nastazia Mavromichalou, Anna Melis, George Papamichael, Myrto Hassapopoulou, Alexandra Souroullas, Charis Sisou and Kamil Kutoglu for their commitment and care
- the Head of Year 1, Katie Demetriou, for organising and leading this trip, as well as taking photos
- the Heads of Year, Elena Chrysanthou and Eva Polyviou for their support
- Elena Michaelides for her valuable contribution